Many homeowners use their garages for more than just storing cars. They are the workshops, extra storage, and all-purpose rooms designed for DIY projects. However, your garage is an untapped resource for unleashing your creativity. When you want to add value to your home and create a special space, consider turning your garage into your own “Personal Oasis”.
Think Outside the Box
Your home may have all the space you need, but what if it could be more? Do you need the perfect hang-out for your kids? What about a library for your book collection? Or maybe you would like an entertainment room to host the parties? What you can do in your garage is really only limited by your imagination. So think beyond what you need and create what you want.
Make it Multipurpose
Are you a parent who also likes to host game nights for your friends? Do you want to create a guest cottage for visiting relatives but want it to be usable space the rest of the time? Your garage does not have to have just one function, so make it work for all of your wants.
- Murphy and trundle beds can be tucked away in convenient nooks when not in use.
- Create multi-function storage solutions that can double as seating for company.
- Use your boardgames as fun decor pieces.
- Use sliding panel shelving to hide entertainment systems and store your homeschooling supplies.
Define the Space
Now that you have figured out what your dream space will look like, it’s time to maximize your garage by defining the space. Create a sketch that will serve as a roadmap for executing your vision. And don’t forget to go vertical: use the whole wall to create a foundation for the room.
Creature Comforts are Critical
Garages are typical built to be utilitarian and don’t offer much in the way of lighting, windows, or comfort. When creating your dream oasis make sure to include all of the comforts you would expect to find inside your home.
- Consider adding more natural light into the space by installing a garage door with large windows. R-W has multiple doors that offer enlarged windows to increase natural light.
- Use area rugs, pillows, and blankets to add color, depth, and comfort to your space.
- Bring in plants to help purify the air and make the space more peaceful.
- Make sure there is plenty of comfortable seating so you and your guests can relax.
Don’t Lose the Storage
Just because you’re turning your garage into your home away from home doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your storage. There are clever storage solutions that are not only functional but can add an interesting architectural element to your new room.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your space or just want to freshen up the exterior of your garage, R-W Doors offers a complete range of garage doors for your home. To find an authorized dealer near you, please visit www.rwdoor.com.