Published on December 9, 2020
If you are looking for a renovation project that can pay off with an almost immediate return on your investment, you should consider getting a new garage door. Installing a new garage door adds to the curb appeal of your home and can boost its value. If you ever decide to sell your home, it is possible to recover a large portion of the renovation costs.
Signs It Is Time for a New Garage Door
Aside from boosting the curb appeal and value of your home, there are other reasons to get a new garage door, which include:
- Increased Noise – If you notice your garage door has gotten louder when it opens and closes, it could be time for a new garage door. A new door will open and close more smoothly and quietly.
- Opens and Closes Slowly – If you notice it takes your garage door longer to open and close, it often means the hardware is wearing out. While you might be able to have the existing hardware replaced, it is often better to invest in a new door.
- Lacks Sufficient Security – If your existing door does not have security features or is damaged which makes it easier to gain access to the garage, it is time to get a new garage door.
- Repairs Are Becoming Frequent – If you are having to schedule garage door repairs monthly or more often, it is time for a new door. Garage doors do wear out and get to the point it costs more to maintain and repair the existing door, than to invest in a new one.
- Lacks Insulation – If your current garage door is not insulated, upgrading to an insulated garage door can improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Safety Concerns – If the garage door keeps coming off its tracks, comes disconnected easily from the automatic opener, or the spring breaks, these are safety issues that could cause damage to your vehicles, property, and family.
If you notice any of the previously mentioned signs or simply want to improve the exterior appearance of your home, now is the right time to get a new high-quality garage door. Additionally, replacing your garage door in the winter or early spring is better than waiting until late spring and summer when garage door technicians are typically busier.
To shop for new garage doors for your home, please feel free to browse our selections online at www.rwdoors.com. Feel free to try our Design-A-Door app that will show you how your new door will look in your home.
If you have further questions, want a free quote for a new garage door, or the location of an authorized dealer in your area, do not hesitate to contact us directly today!