In the 1800’s, the first North American branch of The Richards Manufacturing Company and The Wilcox Manufacturing Company were headquartered in Aurora, Illinois. Richards-Wilcox was later incorporated in 1912 and expanded its North American operations by establishing a Manufacturing presence in London, Ontario, Canada. In the subsequent years, factory owned dealerships were established in all the major cities across Canada. The 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s saw the introduction of many door and door related products by Richards-Wilcox. From sectional overhead doors and electric operators for both the industrial and residential markets to very specialized door systems such as Blast resistant doors, multi-blade doors, aircraft hangar doors, rolling steel doors, sliding fire doors and almost any other specialty applications.