P175 Sectional Polycarbonate Overhead Door
Sectional polycarbonate overhead doors.
Polytite Door Systems are made with triple-walled polycarbonate panels that are strong yet lightweight, providing easy operation with minimum stress on hardware components. The translucent panels provide a naturally-lit, inviting work environment and help reduce winter heating costs through the effects of solar heat gain. The panels are also extremely impact-resistant and can withstand long-term exposure to extreme elements such as sun, wind, rain and snow without cracking or splitting. Particularly suited for service garages but ideal for all types of industrial, agricultural, commercial, institutional and residential overhead door installations where an attractive, light-transmitting, strong, lightweight door is desired.
P175 / P175T Section Dimensions
- Section Thickness 1 3/4" (45mm)
- Section Height 21" & 24" (533mm & 610mm)
- Basic Windload: 8'-0" – 16'-2" (2438mm – 4877mm)
- 15 psf Design: 8'-0" – 24'-2" (2438mm – 7366mm)
- Custom Door Width: Up to 30'-2" (9195mm)
- The external side of the Polycarbonate is protected with a coextruded layer warranting resistance to atmospheric agents and U.V. rays.
- Thickness: 5/8" (16mm)
- Structure: Triple-walled
- Weight: 0.553lbs/sq ft (2.69 kg/sq m)
- R-Factor: 2.500 ft2 hF/Btu
- U-Factor: 2.271 W/m2K
- Fire Reaction: ASTM E84-01 Flame spread and smoke. Developed: Class A.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: Clear: 75; Bronze: 57; White: 63
- Stock Colours: Clear, Dark Bronze, Western Bronze
- Optional Colours: Green, Blue, White
- Fabricated from 6063-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions, extrusion thickness 0.063" (1.6mm) thick, and 0.090" (2.18mm) thick at hardware mounting locations.
- End stiles: 2 1/2" (64mm) wide aluminum; Double end stiles for doors over 16'-2" (4928mm) wide
- Center stiles: 3" (76mm) wide aluminum
- Pair of meeting rails: 4 1/2" (114mm) high aluminum
- Top rail: 2 3/16" (56mm) high aluminum
- Top rail: 2 9/16" (65mm) high aluminum
- Stock Colours: Clear Anodized, Bronze, White
Optional Thermatite Multi-Ribbed (MR) Bottom Section (P175T)
- Insulated sections fabricated from pre-painted, hot dipped galvanized, steel sheet; with rigid polyurethane insulation core, CFC and HCFC free, face sheet stucco embossed and rib reinforced.
- R-Factor: 16.000 ft2 hF/Btu
- U-Factor: 0.355 W/m2K
Reinforcement as required by wind load
- 0.090" (2.18mm) thick aluminum extrusion for hardware mounting. Full width integral horizontal, reinforcement truss at meeting rails. Galvanized steel truss as required.
- Polytite Panels: 10 years against breakage, excessive yellowing and loss of light transmission
- Materials and workmanship: 1 year
Standard Polytite Hardware
WeatherstrippingFull length retainer and bulb weather strip minimize air flow and ensure weather-tightness at the base of your door.
TrussingDoors are constructed to withstand wind load specified in ANSI/DASMA 108. Linear style trusses are provided according to door size. Additional trussing can be provided for higher wind load applications.
TrackRoll formed from commercial galvanized steel. Vertical tracks sloped to ensure weather tight seal. Horizontal track curve available in 12" (305mm) or normally provided 16" (406mm) radius.
Track BracketsBolted type, field adjustable, rib reinforced, stamped from 0.123" (3.1 mm) thick commercial galvanized steel.
RollersTen ball bearings provide years of smooth and quiet operation. 7/16" (11mm) diameter standard stem, long stem on doors over 16’-2" (4928mm) wide.
Counter BalanceHelically wound torsion springs manufactured from oil tempered spring wire, stress relieved, minimum 10,000 cycles. Aluminum die-cast grooved drums. Flexible 7 x 19 construction aircraft type galvanized cables with 5:1 safety factor. Higher cycle available upon request.
Horizontal Angle72" (1829 mm) long or 90" (2286mm) for 3" hardware.
HingesLinear type, fabricated from 0.078" or 0.106" (2 or 2.7mm) thick zinc plated steel with embossments designed to resist higher load and provide greater stability resulting in improved performance.
Top Roller CarrierFabricated from zinc plated steel designed to provide greater stability, field adjustable to ensure weather tight seal.
Roller BracketsLinear type fabricated from 0.078" or 0.106" (2 or 2.7mm) zinc plated steel. Graduated type design to ensure weather tight seal.
Shafts1" (25mm) diameter 0.078" (2mm) tube or 1/8" (3mm) wall keyed full length or 1" (25mm) diameter cold rolled galvanized steel keyed full length.
Head PlatesFull height fabricated from galvanized steel, complete with bolt-on type bearings.
LockInterior slide bolt type.
Mounting FastenersZinc plated.
Optional Thermatite Bottom Section Hardware
- Exhaust port: 3" (76 mm) / 4" (102mm) / 5" (127mm) diameter